How To Clone Tomato Plants?
– Cloning tomato plants ensures a steady supply of identical, healthy tomatoes.
– Select a healthy, vigorous tomato plant for cloning.
– Prepare the cuttings considering timing and seasonal factors.
Make a 45-degree cut below the node with sharp scissors or pruning shears.
Apply rooting hormone to the cuttings to increase rooting success.
– Root the cuttings in either water or soil, noting that water propagation may result in weaker roots.
Transplant the clones once new growth and a well-established root system appear.
– Water clones once or twice a day with pH-balanced water until roots develop.
Maintain consistent temperature and humidity levels for successful cloning.
Tomato cloning produces multiple identical plants from a single parent plant.